Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hi, Soapbox! Let Me Climb On!

I think people may have the wrong impression of me. I am sure I have contributed. For the umpteenth time I have heard about how perfect my life is. Huh? Don't get me wrong, I know how extremely Blessed I am, but the constant smile on my face is courtesy of thick makeup and some great anti-aging products. Just because I don't break down when we see each other and talk is because I absolutely cannot stand the, "Poor Danielle. She isn't coping well." I don't want any sympathy. Just nod along and say, "Yeah. That sucks!"

Life is tough! For everyone. Each of us are thrown different hard balls, and the only thing we can choose is how we handle it. So although I may not 100% of the time feel it, I CHOOSE it! I choose to accept God's Will over mine. I choose to believe that no matter what His Will is, He will give me the strength, grace, and peace to get through. I choose to make lemonade from lemons.

So, please do not mistake my faith for my having a perfect life. Do not mistake my smile for strength. Because I have neither. Sure! I could dwell on the hundreds of problems coming at us. But, why? It will not help anyone or anything.

Now. I will continue on my perfect day. Oh. Wait. My perfectly precious yorkie just managed to puke on my new rug:)

Choose it. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

You said it perfectly that people have the idea that if you have a certain tone on your blog that life must be just peachy.....things are never as they seem.

Blessings to you and your loved ones.

Conley Family said...

Amen sister!! :) Well said!

Rufus said...

Perfectly stated. Everyone has problems, some worse than others, but how you deal with it is a choice! Your choice is just one of the reasons we come to visit!
R/